Recent changes to the WebSDR server system:
December 27, 2017:
- The server PC has been replaced, in a new rack-mount cabinet, with a new ASUS motherboard, additional RAM and a solid state drive.
- All receivers are now FiFi SDR receivers, each with 192 kHz coverage of its band segment...
- Eight receivers offer complete coverage of the following amateur radio bands: --- 160 Meters, except extreme band edges. --- 80/75 Meters, CW and Phone using three receivers. --- 40 Meters, CW and Phone using two receivers. --- 20 Meters, CW and Phone using two receivers.
- Hardware is available for additional bands such as 60M, 30M, 17M, and possibly some SWBC bands. However, at this time, Pieter's WebSDR server software can only accomodate eight receivers so we must wait for him to make changes. Please email Pieter with your comments.
- The old logbook has been deleted to save disk space.
- Additional security features have been added, including locking out IP addresses of repeat abusers.
- Some orange frequency tags have been added for the new bands. This is a work in process; if you have corrections or suggestions please email Craig.
January 23, 2018:
- A preamp was added to the 160 meter receiver to compensate for the Omni antenna's bandpass.
February 20, 2018
- Antenna switching was added to the 40 meter phone band (40ph). This receiver is on the usual Omni antenna except from 7:30am to 9:00am Pacific time, daily, when is is switched to the SE Sector antenna (+15 dB @ 135 deg.) in order to accomodate users in the Baja California area. Switching can also be manual, by a sysop, on demand.